Montana Fly Fishing Vacation on the Boulder River
Enjoy a high wild trout population, private access, unguided fly fishing. Fly fish in solitude from ranch access 24 miles north of Yellowstone Park in the Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness. Catch and release fly fishing is our rule in the river but you can catch keep fish to eat from the pond.
- You will find lots of Cutthroat, Rainbow and Brook trout to catch in a variety of riffles, pools, and water pockets behind boulders. You can walk or wade most of the Boulder River which has a relatively low gradient at our location. Felt bottomed boots are recommended for the slippery rocky river bottom.
- Learn about where fish have been caught and what flies to use from fly fishing reports that we have compiled from our guests’ experience. You are encouraged to add your own fly fishing experience to these reports.
- A supply of flies is available for sale that work in our area.
- For the beginner fly fishing instruction is provided at the trout pond or get you started in the Boulder River.
- Fly fish in special wilderness locations, such as a mountain stream reached by horseback, or a glacier lake the end of the wilderness primitive road.
- Fishing in the fall is insurmountable. Lower river levels and the colorful mountain scenery make this a truly satisfying experience. This is a time that is often missed because of summer vacation schedules, but if it fits, we know this will be a memorable September for you.
Besides fly fishing the river, you or others in your family can enjoy a variety of other outdoor activities. Call us at 877-496-7848 to arrange your fishing vacation or get more information.
- Fly fishing is best after mid July when water levels lower.
You can purchase your Montana fishing licenses on line at http://app.mt.gov/elicensesales/